Thursday, March 21, 2024

spring break stitches, 2024

 

i slept under this quilt for 3 nights before i realized the needle was still in it from last year's spring break stitching session, haha. i had it well tucked in to the quilt, so it never poked me, thank goodness!

once i completed my first project, "beach brellies," i got to work once again on handquilting "cheery (easter) quilt." i was so glad i found the missing threads so i could work on the colors which had come to a halt. 


on occasion, i had a cute companion sitting with me while i worked. 

i spent most of the flight home stitching away. toward the end of the flight, the stewardess asked me if i'd gotten as much done on my trip as i'd hoped to. i just laughed because this part of the the project seems endless. every time i think i've gotten a lot accomplished and am getting close to done, i start counting what's left to go and realize i'm a ways off yet. 

with the machine quilting i did between blocks, the extensive handquilting i've already done, and the binding completed, i could call this one a finish at any time. but i keep adding to if anyway. sometimes i wonder to myself why i am investing so much into this particular quilt that was a branching-out experiment for me. i like it, it makes me smile to see it, but it's not one of my very favorite makes and certainly not the one i thought i would put so much time and handwork into. 

honestly, the handwork is probably the most special part of the quilt. but i don't know that adding more and more is making the quilt any prettier or more special to me. who knows?

in the end, adding handstitching to it over spring break every year for a few more years isn't going to hurt any, is it. so i guess i'll just keep stitching away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a kind word is always appreciated. thank you for your visit.