Wednesday, August 13, 2014

19 and counting

my epp has been languishing away in a lonely corner for most of the spring and summer, but i've worked at it a few times during d2's volleyball games in the last few weeks. i have lots of other opportunities to work on it coming up, so i pulled out all the finished blocks to see where i stand with the project. i have a combination of approximately 19 wheels - approximately because some are full wheels, some half, and others already joined. add in the one i sent liz for her birthday and that means i made 20 blocks since i started last summer.

as d1 so kindly pointed out, at this rate of production, it will take me 5 years to complete the 100 blocks i am aiming for with this quilt. not such a happy thought. but i was pleasantly surpirsed that my total was as high as it was. last time i checked, i only had about a dozen made. working at it here and there, i managed to make 7 more blocks without realizing it. i should do that more often.

today i was cutting some fabrics i bought to add in several months ago. as i was cutting triangles, i took this photo to remind myself in the future that the perfect measurements for the triangles are as follows: 2.25" strips, cut at the 1.5"/#2 line. this makes up pieces just exactly as i like them.

now let's see how many more wheels i can churn out before summer is over.

9 comments:

  1. These are cute! What template for the hexie are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wheels and I love triangles too! I'm sure you can manage a few more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried epp yet, but it's on my list of things to do. Yours are so pretty! It will be fun to see what the full quilt looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try a triangle quilt. Love your whirlies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep going. It is not a race and it seems there is no deadline. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making great progress, the wheels look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking great! It's fun when you have more finished than you thought, but with epp it's not so fun to project how long it will take to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if it takes five years (and I"m betting it won't) it's going to be such a fabulous quilt, you'll be glad you did! Inspires me to think again about epp...

    ReplyDelete
  9. it will be so worth it, and it must be nice to have a longer term project - I am still pondering what I will make as my long term hand pieced project.

    ReplyDelete

a kind word is always appreciated. thank you for your visit.