Saturday, February 24, 2024

valentine’s crushes



i was just scrolling all my saved posts on instagram and now my mind is exploding and i want to make about 30 new quilts, stat. ugh. i wish i had the time.

i’ve had this pile of red, pink, and low-volume sitting on my pressing board for years (no, really - at least 3 years, i’m that slow) that i want to use since it’s february and all. i was thinking of a companion quilt set something along the lines of these cuties: a modified log cabin block and strip quilt. 




 i did walk into my sewing room with the intent to start these valentine's quilts, but then i worked on my citrus season quilts instead because i want to take them with me on our spring break trip for handbinding.

it was only the desire to have the other quilts ready for handbinding that kept me from starting the new quilts. i have no problem starting new projects no matter how many wips i have on hand. i make quilts because i enjoy many parts of the process, and sometimes it's simply the act of sewing and creating that i want to do regardless of the outcome. my quilts do eventually get made, so i will continue to work on the part of the process that i feel like at the moment. sometimes the part i want to do is the starting.

however, i'm deep in citrus season now, these valentine's ideas will just have to wait until i get the itch again. so i'm filing these ideas away til later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a kind word is always appreciated. thank you for your visit.