Monday, December 9, 2013

it's official - i'm stocked

it's definitely official - i can call meadowdot in robin's egg/mint/whatever not only my all-time favorite, but also my signature fabric because i am now stocked beyond my wildest dreams. thanks to all the lovely ladies, starting with lucy on down, i was able to acquire several yards earlier this year. and now, thanks to natalie christensen, the craftin' mechanic, via rebecca's favorite fabric swap link up, i found another whopping 10 3/4 yards   of meadowdot at a small online shop!

merry Christmas, to me. i am now free to use it in abandon in any project i please without fear of not having enough left over. my first plans for it are to make a quilt, probably a plus quilt, out of my very first fabric purchase (the wheel of fabrics in my banner) and use meadowdot as the backing.

i was inspired by this plus quilt from blue elephant stitches. when i saw it, those first fabrics immediately came to mind. i think it might be a good pattern for them. with a meadowdot backing!

beyond that, all i know is that this new bit won't fit in the basket. i lost track, but i think maybe i have around 20 yards now. oh, glorious problem!

**in case you read my "hoard" post about limiting my purchases, and are wondering about this post, it was written and scheduled before my pledge with fabricholics anonymous.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great score! So pretty:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the get out clause at the end lol
    and of course we do believe you ....
    but even if we didnt, who cares!
    Fabric Rules OK !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad you are stocked up on your favorite!!

    ReplyDelete

a kind word is always appreciated. thank you for your visit.