jed's quilt is missing two and a quarter frames on the top. almost there!
elizabeth's top is complete, but the backing was giving me a headache and stalling the project.
a new design feature i threw in on this baby is a few patches of the feature fabric mixed into the outer frames to stretch them a bit where needed. i like the peek-a-boo effect.
now that backing! i knew i wanted to used the brown on the inner frame for my binding (bottom left). the only fabric from my original pull that had enough yardage left for a solid back was the other brown (on the bottom of everything). i didn't like idea of the two nearly identical browns on each other on the back but i didn't have anything else. piecing a back this small and getting it lined up made me nervous, too.
i thought i had found the perfect solution when i happened apon the dream on blue floral (bottom left), which had every color from the original feature fabric, except the brown. i was so excited to use this because it has a similar 70's vibe that i felt many of the prints from the top have. however, when i put it up against the top, it was way too bright. argh! a few days later, i let my eyes wander my stash again and i found the perfect match at the very bottom of my cia pile, where most of the other fabrics in the top came from. that apricot lattice print (bottom right) is a soft enough shade and the pattern blends well with the others, too. we have a winner!
other wips this week: patchwork, please! pencil case and some epp blocks going on. all the other stuff is on complete hold until these baby quilts are done and delivered.